Dummy pins

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 18:13:58 EST

Hi list,
 I tuned an everett studio piano at a local school friday,and at the bass -
treble break, it has the two double wound strings,as most everett studios do,
that I have seen.It had them attatched to the outside pins in a row of three
pins like the steel strings,the middle pins being empty.I wonder if someone
had changed these from steel strings,if the factory did this on purpose,or
someone had a bad morning.It threw me for a loop till I visually saw, and had
it register,what was going on, after a long day.

Hazen Bannister
Western Carolinas Chapter