Promotional items: Was "calendars"

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 22:33:25 EST

greeneguy@mindspring.com writes:

> I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but since I bought some pens
> from a promotional place, they call and hound me about once a week with some
> new gimmick...

 When I was first in the business, I got a call from one of those promotional
businesses. They told me that, "by accident", they had just run off 1000 pens
with my name and address on it, and I could have them for half price, which I
think was still 50 cents a piece. I told them I was not interested. They kept
insisting they would have to throw them away if I didn't buy them. The
salesman then told me the address and phone number (which was wrong), that
was already on the pen. When I told them it was the wrong address, (or phone
number, I don't remember) the salesman told me they could change it without
any problem. I said, well if you can change the address on the pen, then you
can change the name, and the phone number too, so just change it to someone
else. I don't think they guy ever heard an argument like that. He was
actually speechless.

Wim