To Ron Nossaman

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:20:20 -0600

>Hey Ron. FWIW, we had intermittent cable internet for a couple months. After
>having about 6 service folks out looking at it and umpteen calls to tech
>support (the software folks said it was a hardware problem....the hardware
>folks said it must be a software problem......etc.), the last guy to come
>out found out that some little piece at the telephone pole (where the cable
>wire comes from) was loose or whatever. He replaced it and our service has
>been perfect for the last several months. Hope that might help.
>
>Terry Farrell

Terry,
That would be nice, but I don't think it's on our end. Just like the old
dial up service it replaced, the cable folks sold to a bigger subscriber
base than their hardware will accommodate. At first, it was just from about
7:45 to 9:30am, and 4:30 to 6:00pm. They would be down for a day or so
installing new equipment and it would be better for a while. It has gotten
progressively worse after each fix, temporarily losing either E-mail, Web
access, or both, until we have full day, or two day stretches where nothing
works. It's been nearly a month, with service interruptions occurring a
couple of times per day, so we're just about due for another of these.
Makes me glad I don't depend on Web based sales to eat. The provider posts
network status on their page, if you can get to it, telling us that area
subscribers have been reporting outages and technicians are looking into
it. (Is it plugged in? Is it turned on?) Meanwhile, we haven't had a week
straight of uninterrupted service since early summer.

Sure is fast when it works though.

Ron N