Spraying aggraffes w/lacquer!

Les Conover locolesco@yahoo.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:19:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
    APSCO also has the .010" brass agraffe shims,
stock #30582. Although I have some of these, I rarely
use them because they change the agraffe position by
more than 1/3 of a revolution--too much!  (One inch
divided by 36 threads = .028".)  I make .005" shims
out of the aluminum from soft drink cans (OK beer
cans) using arch punches.  One can will make a
lifetime supply of shims.  Being only .005" thick,
they change the agraffe position by only 1/6
revolution, and being softer then brass, they let you
force the turning a tiny bit.  And they're free.