To Ron Nossaman

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:11:41 -0800

At 01:20 PM 12/10/2001 -0600, Ron wrote:
>Just like the old
>dial up service it replaced, the cable folks sold to a bigger subscriber
>base than their hardware will accommodate.

Same thing exactly happened out here in Oregon. They bought the local
Cable TV company, and offered some big promotions.

After several months, it improved a great deal, and now outages are
practically nonexistent. I shouldn't really tempt fate by saying that,
but it's been okay.

Did you also find a lot more email spam than before after the cable started?
I did, in spite of filling out their customer profile like someone who
has NO interest in ANYTHING. Looking at how I filled things out, an observer
would wonder why I bothered with net access.

Susan