Piano Finishes

Clark A. Sprague clarks11628@juno.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:44:53 -0500

May I ask a further finishing question?  How about a Tung Oil finish on a
grand?  I am currently re-whatevering a Baldwin R (1943) that is
mahogany, with I think Laquer applied.  There are various gouges, etc,
which will need to be filled.  I was wondering, without the proper spray
equipment, as of now, what kind of finish would be good to hand apply?
Any experience with Tung Oil on a piano?
        I put it on a rocking horse that I made for my daughter years
ago, and it has held up well.  So why not on a piano?
Clark Sprague