Piano wire quality

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 07:05:11 -0800

Dale:

Only followed part of this thread, but I gather you are dissatisfied =
with Roslau wire--I have heard you inquire about other makers =
previously.  What is it that you don't like exactly?

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: December 11, 2001 6:57 AM
  Subject: Re: Piano wire quality

  In a message dated 12/10/2001 2:53:55 PM Pacific Standard Time, =
piano@a440.co.uk writes:=20

    In message <117.920ae13.29458fee@aol.com>, Erwinspiano@AOL.COM =
writes=20
    >=20
    >I have no experience of Japanese or American wire.  I would not be=20
    >surprised if the Japanese eventually produce a wire that is better, =

    Yamaha UK use American bass strings took them 3 years to get Yamaha =
Jp=20
    to approve of it all models made in the UK=20

    Barrie,=20
    --=20

        Hi Barrie=20

    .Hmmmmmmmmmmmm--I wonder if it had to do with the pianos being =
assembled in the States  or are they? If the up string scales are as =
high tension as the grands  the wire in the U.S strings may not hold up =
as well/ Just look at the problems with strings flying out of the P202 =
Or whatever its called now.

   I suspect the japanese wire is better. Any One have a supplier I =
could try?=20

           Dale Erwin-----All strung out         =20