agraffes on - agraffes off

Barrie Heaton piano@a440.co.uk
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:39:55 +0000

In message <4.1.20011211151130.00a98ed0@pop-server>, Ron Nossaman
<RNossaman@KSCABLE.com> writes
>>Yes, I knew that.  I just thought I'd take the opportunity to change the
>>subject.
>>
>>Phil F
>
>Why? These are reasonable enough questions without needing to be diverted.
>I'm curious as to how both alignment and height are addressed by the
>rebuilders out there in rewhatevering land. There are mentions of using
>these shims for height adjustments, as well as alignment, but are
>rebuilders actually going to that trouble or just hinting that they might
>be without actually bothering? I'm asking who truthfully does what when
>they change a set of agraffes. You know, the real stuff rather than the

Most of the time I am using them to line up.  When I have installed new
agraffes I have been more observant about the height but I feel that
alignment is more important than an agraffe benign a touch  higher than
the next, The most I have ever had to use is 2 on one agraffe to get it
to line up  - if I have installed a single new agraffe which is down I
have used more.

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/