Key Bushings & Hot Hide Glue

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:10:50 -0500

 > What methods do folks use to keep the water bath at 130 F? I have a
 > Rival Hot Pot (the one Bill Spurlock recommends).

Soon I'm going to try an old fondue pot from the basement (we all have
one, don't we?) for my first hot hide glue and key bushing experience.
I'll let you know how it goes...

By the way, is Schaff's "cabinet glue" the same thing as hide glue? Is
it used for making cabinets? Does anybody use hot hide glue besides
piano technicians? I didn't see any in Home Depot, so I guess your basic
carpenter doesn't use it.

Charles