repin after CA

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:53:58 EST

In a message dated 12/13/01 12:40:45 AM Central Standard Time,
drpt@sk.sympatico.ca writes:

> Hi Wim
>
> I don't deny that you could install them. I just want to know if anyone
> believes that CA glue "poisons" the block to prevent them being used.

Don

I want to again mention that a pin block which requires the use of CA glue is
already on the endangered list. Anything you can do to keep it going for a
few more years will be acceptable. The block cannot be poisoned any more than
it already is.

Please understand I am not arguing with you. Just pointing out that when
using CA glue in a pin block, anything that is done is a compromise, and
anything that will work, is a "good" repair.

Wim