Bridging the cap

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:59:45 -0600

Hi Phil,
              Since you are re stringing,  a fast improvement, is to replace
the bridge pins, using epoxy as a driving fluid, Re surfacing the existing
bridge, to clean up the string indentations, plus cleaning up the notches at
the same time.

Increasing the bearing by recapping, on an old piano like this may create more
problems, than it will cure.

Is it possible to lower the plate a tad, to get the desired effect?  Could be
an effective option.

This quality of piano is not worth the effort of recapping in my book, unless
you want to get some practice in re capping.  Just my opinion.

regards Roger