custom steaming

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 14:34:47 -0400

Hi Owen,
Canadian Tire and Home Hardware have small steam units. H. H. 's unit is =
called Eurica Enviro Steamer. www.eureka.com
They are between $100 and $150 Cdn, on sale is closer to the $100.
So far I have only used it on player disassembly. I have to play around =
with it a bit more, do find out what it can do.
Or I suppose a person could modify, one of these little steamers, that =
removes wrinkles from clothing.
Regards,
John M. Ross
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: owen j. greyling=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2001 1:49 PM
  Subject: custom steaming

  To members of the list,
  Has anyone come up with a controllable method for steaming individual =
hammers?  I'm looking for something such as a hose connected to a steam =
source, with an adjustable nozzle. I find that passing a hammer through =
a blast of steam from a kettle is something I can't bring myself to do =
in front of a customer.
  I've been thinking about this on and off for some time now, and =
wondered if someone else has already invented the wheel, so to speak.

  Thank-you,
  Owen J. Greyling, RPT
  Kingston, ON Canada