custom steaming

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 13:56:26 -0500

Read Roger Jolly's Journal articles on "Controlable Steam Voicing". It =
works excellent.

Terry Farrell
 =20
----- Original Message -----=20
  From: owen j. greyling=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2001 12:49 PM
  Subject: custom steaming

  To members of the list,
  Has anyone come up with a controllable method for steaming individual =
hammers?  I'm looking for something such as a hose connected to a steam =
source, with an adjustable nozzle. I find that passing a hammer through =
a blast of steam from a kettle is something I can't bring myself to do =
in front of a customer.
  I've been thinking about this on and off for some time now, and =
wondered if someone else has already invented the wheel, so to speak.

  Thank-you,
  Owen J. Greyling, RPT
  Kingston, ON Canada