maps

Rodney Pritchett rodneycp@bellsouth.net
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 22:07:24 -0500

> Joseph Alkana wrote:
>
> List,
> Just curious, how many of you use expedia.com for map information. I
> find it helpful and fairly fast, but sometimes a little inaccurate.
> Joseph Alkana  RPT
> josephspiano@attbi.com

I have an acquaintance who publishes maps, like the big map books and
CDs that real estate agents (and piano technicians) use.  The story goes
that each publisher has, on purpose, put errors on each page so they can
tell if some other map maker is using, copying their data, etc.  By
checking the competitors maps against their own, and looking for their
induced errors, they can keep tabs on each other.   Now why is that so
many of my customers live along those "errors"?  Hmm. . .

Rodney Pritchett
Marietta, GA