Cracked plate

Barrie Heaton piano@a440.co.uk
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:13:49 +0000

In message <20011214003111.16957.qmail@web14806.mail.yahoo.com>, Brian
Trout <grandrestorations@yahoo.com> writes

>It's interesting that you should bring up what liablity insurance covers.
>
>Honestly, I have to wonder if liability insurance is basically a crock of
>excrement that we're all but "required" to carry just to say that we do.

The ABPT members have  PL insurance for 10 million pounds and 25K
musical instrument   insurance for any piano they damage or is damaged
when in their care on the road.  We had a member in Northern Ireland who
has a plate go on a knight piano.   He was not a full member, so was not
covered by our  insurance;  however, he did claim on his own PL
insurance which was only 1 million pounds  and they paid 45% of the cost
of a new knight piano as the piano was 10 years old it still cost him
1,500 pounds.

Barrie,
--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/