"commuting" mileage

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 16:09:02 -0800

Since I, like most of you, claim a percentage of my residence as an
office/workshop, (to claim as a business expense) I am allowed to deduct
mileage FROM my house, to every work related job, at 34.5 cents per mile. Of
course there WILL also be "personal" use mileage, but what about "commuting"
mileage? Since my home IS also my business address, then when will commuting
come in? I suppose if I was somewhere OTHER than home for a visit to a
friend or whatever, and I left FROM that place TO a job, then that would be
considered "commuting" miles, but for the most part, It seems to me that the
vast majority of TOTAL mileage for each year, will be "business" miles, and
"personal", with very little "commuting" miles. Am I wrong here? Love to get
everyone's thoughts on this matter.

Terry