"commuting" mileage

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 19:36:15 -0500

Terry, it is my understanding that you are not allowed to deduct the first
leg of the day..in other words, if you have a 9:00am appointment and it is 6
miles from your house, you can not deduct that 6 miles.

There's a way to get around it, and it's perfectly legal. I would be glad to
tell you or anyone else what it is privately. There are ways..you just need
to ask. Mileage is, for some, the single biggest deduction we have, and it
is within our rights to do everything we can to deduct as many miles as we
legally can.

I am not an accountant, but I have a good one working for me who understands
it all.

Phil