epoxy repair

philromano@attglobal.net philromano@attglobal.net
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:27:58 -0500

Hi Hazen,

I charge more than my usual hourly rate to do poly repairs. The cost of =
the materials + necessary tools (to do it right) necessitate it. If the =
repair is on the case, the piano will usually have to be moved to a =
location where buffing it out won't destroy the living room, sanctuary =
etc... I use the heavy duty Black and Decker buffing machine (about =
$200) usually used in auto body shops (the compound and lint from the =
buffing wheels get everywhere!).  I take the piece outside, to the =
garage or to my shop.

A good source for polyester supplies and information about the process =
is Allied International, High Point, NC 910 454 2000.

Carl Eisenstadt (Columbia) does poly repairs. He's in the Guild =
directory.

Phil Romano
Myrtle Beach, SC

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: HazenBannister@cs.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 9:44 PM
  Subject: Re: epoxy repair

  Mike,=20
   What kinda ballpark prices does someone charge for a minor poly =
repair.Let's say like a small fingernail -size chip.I know this is =
vague,I have never had any contact with anyone on this subject,and am =
just curious in case I ever need this kinda info.Also does anyone know =
anyone in the South Carolina area who does this kind of repair.=20
  Thanks,=20
  Hazen Bannister=20
  Western Carolinas Chapter=20