Newcomer's Thoughts

Bobby R. Sims sims-n-sons@ev1.net
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 21:05:51 -0600

List,

As a newcomer to the piano technician world I wanted to take a chance to =
say that those in the Piano profession as a whole have been extremely =
helpful and receptive to me as newcomer.  I have recently spoke to some =
concerning ETD's and received great amounts of help on a personal level; =
phone calls, email, etc.  I called Randy Potter's phone number on his =
website thinking that a secretary would answer the phone and Mr. Potter =
himself answered the phone and spent a good 15 minutes with me offering =
advice.  Mr. Danny Moore in Houston has helped me tremendously. Greg =
Newell has been helpful.  Mr. Cleworth has answered me promptly.  =
Everyone has always been very quick to answer.

I think that there are a great bunch of people in this profession and =
it's up to us to keep it that way.  Every time I've asked a question, =
I've received professional answers in professional manners.  The Dallas, =
TX PTG has been extremely helpful as well as those on the pianotech =
list.  Our chapter Pres. Dan Reed has taken much of his time to =
correspond with me and help me progress.  Mr. Leon Spier has treated me =
like I'm actually important.  Everyone I've came in contact with has =
went out of their way to try to advance the Piano Technician profession.

I guess that all I can say is, "Keep it Up, Set the example".

Sincerely,

Bobby Sims
sims-n-sons@ev1.net
http://users2.ev1.net/~brsims