Newcomer's Thoughts

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 08:23:41 EST

In a message dated 12/19/01 9:13:09 PM, sims-n-sons@ev1.net writes:

<< Everyone I've came in contact with has went out of their way to try to
advance the Piano Technician profession. >>

This has been my experience also.  Having been a professional musician for 20
years, I can tell you it's not like that among musicians.  Everyone is very
protective of their territory.  Unfortunately, live music is a shrinking
phenomenon, and perhaps that's why they're like that.  To the contrary, I've
asked my fellow members of my chapter of the PTG if there is enough work to
keep everyone busy, and the consensus is that there is.  I hope that piano
service does not have to face a shrinking demand for their services as
musicians have.  I'd like to think that even if this were to happen, that