Tune-a-Phone

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 22:29:20 -0800

Terry & all,
My mentor is into history, (all kinds), but especially piano related stuff.
What you saw was an add for that "apparatus", as advertised years ago. If my
memory serves me, it was during the 10's or 20's. My mentor sometimes
deluges me with copies of the stuff he finds in old books and magazines.
That thing was in a bunch of ads he sent me a few years ago. Hope this
clarifies a bit. Also explains the making $5 or $10 a day comment. Who
knows, maybe someone thinks it's a good gizmo and is making them again.
(Gawd I hope not.)
On a different topic: My Rant on Bird-Cage comments: Some of you are
actually coming close to some of the important info on them, but My Question
was: WHAT WAS THE INTENT OF THAT ACTION DESIGN?  I will post, a rather long
answer, after you all have had your "licks", so to speak.
I am pleased that there are some who don't find working on them as equal to
root canal work.<G> For now I would like to wish everyone Happy Holidays. Be
Happy & Healthy.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)