Bird-Cages/Fogger/Snide remarks

Barrie Heaton piano@a440.co.uk
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 21:24:16 +0000

In message <a4.1e4d3d49.2953b61c@aol.com>, Allegrofinemusic@AOL.COM
writes
>Dear List,
>O.K as I am new to this could someone fill me in on what a birdcage
>piano is when it's home for supper?
>
>Best

Two types vertical strung and over strung over damper upright piano many
made in the UK and Germany A common mistake some tuners make when
replacing the damper felt is to use normal damper felt you need end
grain felt (think of a brush pushing on the string all the fibbers
pointing to the string not running with the string )

Go to this page and scroll down until you get to the Bluthner and
vertical strung button
http://www.uk-piano.org/history/main/history_1900_2000.html

Barrie,

--