Birdcage

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 07:14:33 -0500

List,

I have never tuned a square grand and I probably would not try if asked.  I'd
like to see one being tuned, though, just for the experience.

I tuned an overdamper piano several times.  I was glad for the experience and
would have continued working on it, but apparently the piano fell into disuse
and the clients didn't want to have it tuned anymore.  It did bug me that one
damper did not work properly and I was unable at the time to figure out how to
make it damp better.

I discontinued working on player pianos of any type a number of years ago.  I
just got tired of working around all the extra hardware, and I felt the
potential trouble wasn't worth the risk, especially since I was able to make
arrangements with another technician to service these pianos.

May you have a merry Christmas and a pleasant new year!  :-)

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA USA