poll update and "tech-tip"

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 19:02:26 -0600

Well Terry,

I guess I'll go ahead and weigh in on this subject. :-) I was an
aural tuner for well over 20 years, including concert work, before
I got an SAT III. For my university work, it really does help
relieve a lot of the stress in practice room tunings. For my concert
work, I have stored tunings that I've tweaked but I still "keep my
ears open", as they say. So I guess you could say that I feel
competent to tune either way.

At 09:33 AM 12/22/01 -0800, you wrote:
>so far, the ETD's have the edge.
>
>EDT's/ears: 39
>
>Strictly ears: 14

A question here. Do you think the same treatment might
work on one of the many Yamaha studios we have here.
I've replaced many a flange because of broken butt
spring loops and it seems like the red tip on most of
them always crumbles. The tip doesn't break but the
red tends to crumble off of it and it looks terrible.
I'll have to try that the next time I do one of those
jobs. Thanks for the idea. I'd wondered if there might
be something that might help with that problem.

Avery