Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 07:08:24 -0600

>What is at issue is whether the strings move the soundboard by
>displament of the bridge, and the answer to this question is
>fundamental to an understanding of the acoustics of the piano.
>
>JD

Yes it is, and since you've read everything I have to offer on the subject,
I'm about finished. If physically displacing a string and measuring bridge
movement doesn't do it for you, there's nothing else I can add that will.
Ron N