tuning pins

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 00:02:23 EST

Dear List;
I've read with interest the discussion of products in use for new tuning pins
in new pin blocks. For 25 years I have shellaced the new pin block to protect
it from the environment....drilled the tuning pin holes @ 7%....and here it
is....use Johnson's Baby Powder on the tuning pins...After many years of
installing pin blocks in this manner, I have found the torque to remain good,
pins don't jump...the baby powder protects the pins from grease and salt and
therefore helps protect them from rust...and just as important....it really
smells good. When finished....just blow off the excess with an air hose. For
all you guys with "high tech" suggestions.......sorry....it works.

Tommy Black
Birmingham, Alabama Chapter