universal bass string deadness

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:43:53 -0600

>... like trying to pass a bicycle for a Cadillac...
>...I have given the customer the very best possible...
>... they don't produce good tone quality...
>...Why do a half way job when you can
>do the job to the best of your ability?
>
>Tommy Black
>Birmingham, Ala chapter

Tommy, List,

Your analogy gave me a good chuckle.

Just your opinion, of course, about folks using universal strings doing a
half way job, and the strings not producing a good tone quality, and you're
welcome to it.

It's true that not all measure up to exacting standards, but even some of
those very best possible strings of which you speak have failed to measure
up on occassion.  Been there.

There is a place for both worlds.

To choose to live in one or the other is fine and well.  To qualify one or
the other as you have is another matter altogether.  I am certain you meant
no ill will towards anyone, and I honor your choice to not use universal
strings.

During this Holiday Season, Glad Tidings to you, and all who care about
such things,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731