general poll-please participate

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 10:31:57 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Nereson" <dnereson@dimensional.com>

> It's a lot more bulky than it should be and is shaped wrong!

Have you seen the interconnected boards, all folded up in that package?

> Most lid props
> hold the lid angled toward you (an acute angle), whereas the SAT is angled
> backwards (obtuse angle), preventing it from sitting back on the
pinblock --
> the angle forces it to teeter on the front edge of the pinblock.  And it's
> quite often that the piano lid can't be opened all the way up against the
> wall because of a picture, a shelf, a thermostat, fixture, whatever....
> But, I can usually put the SAT on the fallboard or keys or somewhere else.

Hi Dave,
I have seldom had the problems, you say you have, with locating the SAT.
I will admit, that the SATlll, is more compact, and I am glad I upgraded.
I use Bill Spurlocks, 'lid holder opener', and it completely solved the
problem
of the lid slamming shut, and pushing the SAT out of the way, that had
happened
a few times. The SAT survived the falls, with no problems.
Regards,
John M. Ross
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca