palm pilot

Kuang Wang wang@datanaut.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 00:17:16 -0500

I've sold hundreds of Palm Pilots and I would recommend the Palm VIIx to
anyone.  It's relatively cheap and can connect to the Internet wirelessly!
it's pretty neat for checking traffic or checking important emails.
Occasionally you can buy movie tickets or check the weather/new/stocks.  Of
course it has 8 megs for any programs you want to install.  You should be
able to get it for less than $150 now.  You can get other devices to connect
to the Internet but you will spend alot more bucks and they're bulky.  What
a deal!

iPaq and pocket PC devices:  Microsoft introduced the new PocketPC OS many
months ago and I heard it's much better.  But I doubt it's more reliable
than the Palm OS.

Too bad not enough piano tuners use Palm.  I was thinking of making a ETD
program for Palm OS.  Although I'm not sure how the clients would react.

Kuang

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of California Gentleman
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 10:34 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: palm pilot

That's not a bad deal on that M-100 Palm, Terry.  Several years ago, I
picked up a Palm III xe with 8 megs of RAM for a little over $200 (on
Sale).  I tune about 97 piano's twice a year, scattered all over Southern
California.  On my Palm, I have all the piano's I tune, the  Make, Model,
Serial Number, Condition and the directions to each building with what door
to get in or what the pass code is.  Up to that time, I used a Franklin
Planner.  The Palm is the way to go for anyone who needs or wants a easy to
use database of any type of information.  Besides all my piano stuff, I
have names, addresses and phone numbers of many family and friends.  I
don't know how anyone in business can survive without owning one of these
little babies. They have colored ones now, which in my opinion are not
worth the money they ask for them.
Gordon