London bridge & Historical tunings

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 13:26:38 -0800 (PST)

Someone suggested that the London bridge may be in Texas.

Well,it happens to be in Arizona on the Colorado river, but on the
Arizona side. This move was made as a promotional thing to attract
people to the new development in Lake Havasu City, AZ. The only reason I
know is that I was sent there to troubleshoot a piano which had bridge
problems. I did not try to change either bridge, but bridge-pins? yes.

Incidentally, for those nostalgically inclined. there is a nice London
appearing street below the bridge which will make you feel immediately
that you are in London, UK. Lots of quaint little shops.

Come to Arizona, Help keep our state green, bring money.

Last night I had a call from a member of this list who is coming to
Arizona for a conference. He was surprized to learn that we have quite a
varied climate here from hot desert to snow capped mountains. Our highest
mountain is over 12,000 ft. and sometimes is snowcapped in June.

Jim Coleman, Sr.

PS for those interested, I will be doing a 3 hour class on historical
tuning. There will be 3 Steinway L's, each of which will have a different
tuning. This conference will be on Jan 4, 5th at the Arizona State
University Music building. There will be professional pianists there to
play the piano for your listening pleasure. Handouts will show how to
develop your own Well temperaments using a computer spreadsheet. There
will be several other very interesting classes. See the Journal for
contact information and registration fee..