in tune, perfection

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 18:17:36 -0500

OK, my friends, this subject line motivated me to write something I've been
turning over in my mind for several weeks.  Will the art of tuning as we know it
today ever be surpassed in accuracy?  Or, if it could be, is there any point in
seeking greater accuracy, given the limits of pianos and human hearing?  Perhaps
we have reached the upper limit.  Is that right or wrong?

I am tempted at this point to write why I think this might be the case, but what
are your thoughts?  Please note that I am talking about the profession as a
whole, not the need for each individual technician to continue honing his/her
own skills.

Regards,
Clyde