in tune, perfection

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 19:31:56 EST

Hi list,
  I play piano in a jazz trio,with a great acoustic bass player.He has a
masters  degree from North Texas ,and has played with numerous big name
artists,Elias Marsalis,Maynard Fergeson,the one o'clock band,just to name a
few.He plays
normally in tune,and I was just thinking,that playing talent has got a lot to
do with it
(on fretless instuments),as well as being able to tune the instrument.As soft
as a
acoustic jazz trio plays,it would be easy to tell if one was out of tune,it's
like scratching  fingernails on a blackboard.
Thanks,
Hazen Bannister.