Lowell guage

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 23:27:19 -0600

>Along these lines, I'm redoing a Schomacker grand with individual aliquots
>(similar to MH) through the tenor and treble.  At the moment they do not
>seemed to be tuned.  Are they meant to be?  Or are they designed to adjust
>the rear bearing?  Given a choice, or let's say an alternative, of using
>them to tune the rear duplex or adjust the rear bearing, which would you
>give more weight to.
>
>David Love

Probably intended to be tuned. I'd position them in at least a close
approximation of a tuned duplex if I had to reproduce what was there
originally, and set the bearing with plate height - assuming viable
soundboard crown. I don't much like the notion of setting bearing with
aliquot location.

Ron N