Virus Alert/Roger Jolly

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 17:07:23 -0800

List,
I have a virus titled: W32.Magistr.39921@mm. It supposedly originated from
Roger Jolly, but I talked to him and he doesn't have me in his addresses and
hasn't sent anything. He's checked his computer, nothing showed up. So far
I've received six from him and one from a local person. All the same virus.
It's definition: Length-39921 bytes, Memory Resident, Size Stealth,
Triggered Event and Encrypting. Of Course, I don't have a clue what all that
means, but it seems to be a tenacious little bugger! My Norton Virus System
has caught it, each time and I have since added another virus scan system.
Just thought you all should be aware of this sucker! Probably some little
geek type, at home during the holidays, with waaaay too much time on his
hands and no parental supervision.
Back in the Olde days, I used to get pornographic messages on my answering
machine during lag time in school. Now this stuff!
May You All Have a Great New Year!
Party Hearty! But, do it safely. I want to see you all many times to come.
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)