Barbara Pease-Renner

Moffatt & Sons Piano moffattr@cadvision.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 21:27:23 -0700

I met Barbara in Los Angeles a while back while working with Benny Green =
during a recording session with Ray Brown.=20
A very good tuner, and does work for Telarc.

Bob

Moffatt & Sons Piano
Calgary, Alberta
Canada
(403) 243-0385
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: owen j. greyling=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2001 7:10 PM
  Subject: Barbara Pease-Renner

  Hi List,
    Do any of you recognize the name Barbara Pease-Renner?=20
  My son gave me a wonderful CD for Christmas featuring the great Oscar =
Peterson, called "A Summer Night in Munich".
  The piano sounds very nicely tuned and voiced, and in the liner notes =
credit is given where it is definitely due to Bosendorfer and to Ms. =
Pease-Renner, obviously a skilled piano technician. The CD is #83450 on =
the Telarc label.

    I have been experimenting for a little while with Bill Bremmer's =
EBVT, not for customers yet, but in my shop, at home, and at the =
showroom. There is a clarity in this tuning that really appeals to me, =
and , could I be kidding myself? I think I hear that tuning, especially =
on cut three, on Mr. Peterson's CD.

    If anybody knows for sure, or knows Ms. Pease-Renner and her work, I =
would like to hear from you.

  If anybody who has done so, would care to comment on how you have =
began using EBVT or any temp besides ET, with your regular clientele, =
I'm looking for suggestions.

  Thanks, All
  Owen (near Kingston, ON, Canada)