"The Piano Tuner" a short story read on NPR

Clair Dunn cadunn@vt2000.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 04:23:23 -0600 (CST)

Dear List--
Heard this on NPR yesterday when I was bushing keys:

Tim Gautreaux, "The Piano Tuner," read by Robert Sean Leonard
From: Welding With Children (Picador)
Also appears in: The Best American Short Stories 1999, edited by Amy Tan
(Houghton Mifflin)

It was an absolutely wonderful half hour in the shop. The author obviously
did his homework and consulted with a piano technician. Though it is not
a "funny" story, there were parts where I was laughing out loud and
stamping my foot!

Cheers,
Clair

--