palm pilot

Michael Musial musepiano@hotmail.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 23:17:24

>TuneLabPocket is actually more user friendly than TuneLabPro, in my
>opinion. As to battery life, it will tune a half a day without charging. I
>either charge at lunch, switch to a Toshiba Libretto that has TuneLabPro on
>it or get out the ol' tuning fork. Sure I wish it would go all day but the
>state of the art on color screen current requirements and batteries is what
>it is. I can usually plug in if I need to and the iPAQ will maintain memory
>for quite a while until I can charge up.

Dale,

Why don't you take the cradle along, plug it in, tune with the ipaq in it so
it will not run out of battery power... You probably need a recharge after
about 3 tunings right? I doubt that your Libretto will run all day on its
battery either. Don't you have to plug the Libretto in in in order to use it
all day?

I just replaced my Palm IIIxe with the new Ipaq 3835. What a huge
difference! I can finally SEE what i am doing. I have tried TuneLab Pocket
on it. I am not sure if I like it. It certainly is convenient and I really
am surprised how well it works..  But I like to tweak calculated tunings and
so far I have found it extremely klunky to do any kind of adjustment on the
TLPocket program. The tuning graph is not very readable and I can not seem
to get any kind of individual note information from it.

Do you do any kind of on-the-fly adjustments while you tune? Any tips you
might like to share?    :)

Michael Musial
Reedsville Pa