old old old steinway parts

EDDYKEYS@AOL.COM EDDYKEYS@AOL.COM
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:56:31 EST

 I have a customer with a Steinway grand built before 1900. A player system
has been installed. Yes with the old whippens, don't ask.
These would be pre capstan whippens with the arm that enters a(rocker arm?)
type
capstan on the key sometimes used on old uprights.
The customer wishes to keep this part of the piano genuine.
steinway factory is no help. Does anyone no where i can obtain as many as
possible?
I have returned to this forum after 3 years without a computer. I hope i
addressed this problem correctly and sppellded every wrd correctly

                                 ed ohio