bars

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 04:28:13 EST

Greetings,
   So,  in my email this morning is a note from the head of the music
department, (who has students playing a Crumb piece_)

"We will need to remove the diagonal screwed-in bar on one of the hall
pianos for the performance (I don't recall which, but will figure it out by
this weekend) in order to strum strings that are on either side of the bar.""

    I don't really think taking the plate strut out is a good idea,  seems
like it isn't going to go back in very gracefully.  Anybody out there have
experience with strut removal and reinstallation, under full tension,  on a
Steinway D?
Thanks,
Ed Foote RPT