bars on Steinway D

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:15:48 -0800

Hi Ed
  I have had to install them after the piano was restrung  and up to almost
pitch  .I can't remember it being a big deal .  I personally thik that the
bar is not needed for string tension but seems to me it could add support as
they are carted around the country side (which you know full well) bouncing
and jolting in the back of many a trusk to who knows where.  You might not
be as fortunate as I .  In your shoes I think I'd have them sign a liability
waiver if they insist.  Or just politely refuse if you can!
  Dale Erwin