Replace Termite Eaten Keybed

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:15:11 -0500

Any of you shop types care to make an estimate on the number of man-hours
required to remove, build, and install a new keybed on a grand? It's a 1920s
5' 3" Knabe ex-player grand. Piano was sitting bowlegged, close to falling
down because termites had eaten out around the leg plates. I may not
actually replace the entire keybed, but rather just repair the ends, but it
will likely require removal of the keybed and a LOT of work. I want to work
up a price for a new keybed. Thanks

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida