Yamaha U3 puzzler

Glenn Grafton glenn@graftonpiano.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:31:12 -0500

>Terry,
>
>At 21:16 01/31/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>>Can anyone please confirm for me the manufacture date of the following
>>Yamaha U3? The serial# is: H 2084987. My atlas indicates about
>>1979, but no letter "H" is indicated anywhere; only "T" or "U".
>snip
>However, that number would be late 1975...
>
>>The owner's SWEAR that they bought it BRAND NEW about 3 years ago
>>from "Merril's Music", which, they tell me, is no longer in
>>business.

To verify if a Yamaha was made for the US market you can go to:

http://www.yamaha.com/pianoserials/index.htm

This was put up by Yamaha to help people discern whether a Yamaha is
a  gray market piano. I have had a few that I knew were bought
originally new here that came up as not appearing to be made for the
US but were.
--
Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.

Thee/xb said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought a Macintosh.