new ivory info

Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 19:46:37 EST

Rjwag@pacifier.com writes:

<<
 Hi Lance,

 Perhaps the flier you are refering to came from David Warther in Ohio(?)
 He sells new sets of legal pre-ban ivory.

 Although I've never purchased any from him, I know people who have, and
 they were very pleased.  Also, my own reaction to having spoken with him on
 the phone is that he's very honest and would be a pleasure to deal with.

 Finally, when I talked with him, he said that he prefers calls in the
 evening *after* regular business hours.

 Here's the info.

 David Warther Carvings
 1387 Old Route 39
 Sugarcreek Ohio 44681
 (330) 852 3455

 Good Luck,

        Richard Wagner RPT

The Columbus Chapter visited the Warther Museum last year.
Mr. Warther was a gracious host. He is an incredible ivory carver. He
carves sailing vessels and is attempting to trace their history,
starting from Egypt.  He was working on the USS Constitution.
>Paul you can fill in the blank spaces on the "boats"
Very interesting guy, many of the tusks come from the estates
of the old Rubber Baron types. Call him. The Chapter has some
photos .
Mark Ritchie RPT
Cols.OH