Hydrocell?

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 19:03:37 +0100

Hydrocell units are old hat these days.
In the past years many of those were sold and put inside uprights and
grands.
Indeed, one had to fill them either in a special plastic bag, or just put
them in a tub.
I think inside an upright, they worked pretty well, because if you checked
the (inside) humidity with a humidity gage, it showed much more humid after
refilling the hydrocell.
The negative side of those things was, that after a year or two, the insides
(the filling) got hardened and did not really absorb water anymore (I do
know about it, because I sold quite a lot of these).
I am now greatful for dampp chasers.

Antares