jiffy leady

Ken Jankura kenrpt@cvn.net
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 11:57:50 -0500

Dear list,
Speaking of which, I am about to do a quick fix on a 40s Story & Clark that
has general downweight readings around 30 grams (upweights are low but not
that bad,considering). The owner is an organist, so he doesn't mind, but his
kids are starting to take lessons and something needs to be done. I have not
reweighted a set of keys like this before, and I'm asking for advise to make
the task go more smoothly. I may use jiffys or keyleads in back. I'm
planning on taking some touchweight measurements to get an idea, but should
I draw a line for all the keys, or, section by section? Average it out? I
will do sharps separately, if necessary (how could it not be). I realize I
am trying to cover a host of design and wear problems with this shotgun
approach, and it would be easy (for me)to get bogged down in trying to
micromanage the unmanageable. Any tips or suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

Ken Jankura RPT
Newburg PA