S&S "L" Damper felt /NewTokiwa sets

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 11:57:10 -0800

Hi John
  Have used  Appox. 20 sets of Tokiwa  red backed pre-cut sets from Pacific
Piano for a year or more now . I have found them to be very consistent and
reliable ,and they do a nice job that dampers are supposed to do .  I think
there a bargain roughly 60 ish dollars a set . If non backed felt is desired
I believe American/ schaff carries  the french felt which Is also nice .
With either felt our shops  s.o.p. is to slit the tri-chords just a little
more and add a peice of kite string as it never fails that the tri  felt are
not perfectly split or that the agraffe spacing is'nt quite perfect.  The
kite string and extra split effects a bettter overall shutoff and we do not
usually have to go back later and trouble shoot it as we're trying to get
the piano out the door and delivered by 5 p.m. or whatever.
  Best Dale Erwin