Yamaha U1

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:18:23 -0500

Below is what I just copied from the Yamaha web site for pianos made in =
Japan. All Yamaha pianos taller than 45 inches were made in Japan. The =
month-year is indicated to the left, and the serial number is indicated =
to the right. It looks to me as though your ten year old piano was =
manufactured in late 1964. Try more like 37 years old!

      Jun-64 329000=20

      Jan-65 368000=20

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: BH=20
  To: Pianotech Forum=20
  Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2001 8:37 PM
  Subject: Yamaha U1

  I've just tuned a very nice Yamaha U1.  My customer bought it =
second-hand from a music store and was told it was only 10 years old.  =
It has a mid 1970s look about it, making it more like 25!  The serial =
number is 347146 which doesn't show in my atlas.  Can anyone help?
  =20
  Brian Holden=20
  =20
  bholden@wave.co.nz =20