Touchweight quick fix (was Re: jiffy leady)

David Stanwood dstanwood@hotmail.com
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 17:57:56 -0000

>Ken:  I assume you have a grand piano???

I think he was referring to an upright....

>very quick fix, and one which is easily reversible should you opt for a
>more comprehensive redesign approach later, you can simply >attach small or
>large binder clips to the shanks.  Get them at an >office supply store,

>David Love

David et al,

"Small binder Clips" fit the bill... the right ones are available from P-tek
supply  Also stationary supply.. Some don't work too well so try them out
before your buy boxes and boxes...

The small binder clips don't fit on 7/32" shanks without a piece of bushing
cloth or whatever to act as a space. Otherwise the clip closes up and
doesn't fit tight..

"Mini Binder Clips" will work but they only weight .7g instead of the 1.3g
that the small binder clips weigh.

Diagram of installing a Small binder clip to a grand shank at:

http://www.stanwoodpiano.com/clipinfo.jpg

>---Okay David Stanwood; I know you're out there lurking; go easy on

I'm grateful for ANY discussion on touchweight.  It's a subject that we tend
to UNDERESTIMATE the importance of....!!!!!

David Stanwood