dampers

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 17:36:18 -0600

Hi Ed,
          Have you checked the bass end, damper rod hanger and bushing? If
not, your wire bending may be in vain.
Are the action brackets and keybed nose bolts secure, and in position? In
light of the several moves, I would also check for the keybed security.
I have also seen some funny damper pedal results when the trap work board
has been loose. moving could also have caused a problem down here.
Another possible cause, is the cloth on the damper lever is badly worn. But
some how I would doubt it.
Finally check damper follow.  You should be able to press the bass strings
towards the plate about 1/8", and the the damper should follow the string.
The damper should start to move at half the hammer travel distance.

Regards Roger.