Mehlin & sons

Mon, 05 Feb 2001 18:10:28 -0600

At 13:34 02/05/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have been searching the net for information about a Mehlin & sons piano
>I purchased for my son a few years ago, but have had no luck.
>
>Can you help me find a web site that I can search for information on? I
>want to know everything. It would be great if a person could learn the
>history of a peianos life, but then I suppose only the "great" ones get
>that attention. Anyhoo, the serial # is 34480. It is a 5' Patent Grand.
>Any directions are greatly appreciated! larry
>
>larry jackson
>
><mailto:koalat1@home.com>koalat1@home.com Thanks!

Your piano was made in 1915, and the name at some time became property of
the late Aeolian Corp.

Dolge mentions Mehlin in his book "Pianos and Their Makers". (Dover reprint
1972)

Beyond that would be conjecture.

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu

Anything in parentheses can(not) be ignored.